PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White Duet

rrayner
10-26-2010, 05:17 PM
This piece is written for Soprano Recorder and Alto Recorder. Play along with Notation Composer or print the piece for playing with your friend(s). Please feel free to change the instruments and/or keys to suit your personal needs. RRR

Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White was written by Louiguy in 1950 and was recorded 1955 by the Perez Prado orchestra, reaching number one on the Billboard charts.

Two comments for new musicians: 1) the little half-circle with a dot in the middle in measure 1 and two others places is a fermata. This is an Italian term which means hold. Hold this note longer than the others before proceeding; and 2) the comma in measure 18, between the first and second notes, is a breath mark. Take a breath after holding the first note, before playing the second note.

I hope you have fun playing this piece.

Ralph Rayner

rrayner
03-26-2012, 06:46 PM
I have reposted this piece. My wife Cynthia and I played it last night, and I realized the final measure should have been a D. S. al Fine, instead of a D. C. al Fine. I have made this change, and added the Segno at measure 2.

I removed the 2 files I posted originally.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Ralph

Sherry C
03-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Hi Ralph,

Duly noted and re-downloaded.

That's a nice touch, to add explanations for the scoring annotations :)

ttfn,
Sherry