PDA

View Full Version : Notation Software that allows sample variation on the same score line

arya44
03-08-2018, 08:27 PM
Hi there, I like to see if Sibelius allows using a staccato sample (as opposed to the default main instrument sample) on the same score lines af the main sample. Basically if it allows me to use variation of recorded samples (different other samples) on the same lines rather than creating a different score line for staccato samples. As you know staccato notes are not just short duration but has a different quality (flute staccato has more breath, piano staccato has more wood, string staccato has more friction sound, etc.). A lot of sample banks have different samples dedicated to the recorded variations: staccato notes, trill notes, detache notes, accent notes, etc. for different instruments. It doesn't make sense to move to another score line just for a few occasional variations of above different samples, and it is a waste of money and effort they put to create different samples with different tonal qualities if I'm going to stick to the main sample and just make it shorter to sound like staccato, or increasing the velocity to sound like accented note, etc. I appreciate your feedback.

Sherry C
03-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Hi Arya,

This forum is not a Sibelius user forum, but for Notation Software products (produced by Notation Software Germany GmbH). Sibelius is a different product.

Our Notation Composer allows extremely fine control of the note performances, and has it's own internal sound engine. You may want to check it out at www.notation.com/NotationComposer.php

ttfn,
Sherry