PDA

View Full Version : Real Time Recording

lacogada
10-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Manual says to select/highlight the treble/bass stave to have it record left and right hand parts.

When I highlight a 1st measure treble/bass stave ... recording stops there,
or stops at where ever the selection is.

Probably something simple I'm not doing correctly.

I just want to hit record and have it notate treble/bass staves for as long as I want to play.

Advice appreciated.

Sherry C
10-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Hi,

You'll need to select the entire staff/staves, which you can do either using the Staff Select buttons (in Window view, and hold Shift while you click both bottons) or using Region/Select a region.

If you only select a little bit of the staff (eg. a measure or so), then Composer assumes you only want to record into just that section ("punch-in" recording).

ttfn,
Sherry

lacogada
10-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Hmmm ..... so you need to know how many measures you need before you start recording ?

That does not seem right.

Sherry C
10-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Hi,

No, you don't need to know how many measures you need before you start. If you select the entire staff, then Composer will continue adding new measures as you continue recording.

You can read about all the flexible options for recording in the Users Guide (Help/Users Guide) and using the Index to look up "record"

ttfn,
Sherry

lacogada
10-16-2010, 07:20 PM
If the staff selection is at the end of measures, recording continues.

If the staff selection is between other measures, recording only to the selected measures.

Sherry C
10-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Hi,

If the staff selection is at the end of measures, recording continues. Correct - if you've selected the entire staff, then recording will continue past the existing score if you need to keep recording. Composer will automatically add more measures for you.

If the staff selection is between other measures, recording only to the selected measures.
Yes - this can be handy if you have recorded a long section but want to re-record only a small portion, but want to keep the rest of the staff intact. Also called "punch-in" recording.

ttfn,
Sherry

lacogada
10-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks ..... great feature.