PDA

View Full Version : Courtesy accidentals without pitch names?

NotationUser
10-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Is there an option to display courtesy accidentals but not the pitch names in the note heads?

Sherry C
10-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi,

(copy/pasted from the Users Guide, using the Index to look up "courtesy accidental")

To add a courtesy accidental:
1. Select the note for which you wish to add the courtesy accidental.
2. Type the parenthesis character '('.
-- OR --
Type "ca" for courtesy accidental.
Composer will add the implied accidental with parentheses around it

ttfn,
Sherry

NotationUser
10-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Ok, (the manual is thick and I'm just getting started digging around everywhere...) but that's just for one note.

I tried "select all" - "Convert region to selection of notes" - "ca" shortcut.

Now with that I got courtesy resolve accidentals even where nothing needed to be resolved... that is a bit too much courtesy... :D

Sherry C
10-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi,

The Users Guide is pretty well indexed (at least we tried very hard to make it so ;) ) and so using the Index to look up tasks/items is pretty quick.

Sorry about the over-courtesy using the "select all" method - this is the first time we've had a request for bulk courtesy accidentals without the note name, so we haven't incorporated a way to do that. If we get other requests for the feature we'll certainly consider it.

ttfn,
Sherry

NotationUser
10-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Maybe I can undo the note head conversion while keeping the courtesy accidentals created? The operation in the format menu puts courtesy accidentals exactly where I imagined them to appear...

You are right, the manual and other sources are excellent - I have much to read and explore... :D

Sherry C
10-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi,

Maybe I can undo the note head conversion while keeping the courtesy accidentals created? The operation in the format menu puts courtesy accidentals exactly where I imagined them to appear...
Unfortunately it's a single-step operation in the eyes of Undo (I tried it, too ;) )

ttfn,
Sherry

NotationUser
10-15-2010, 09:11 PM
It's not a big issue - but probably it's possible to sometimes add another check box and background code to disable the note head conversion in this procedure.