PDA

View Full Version : Touchscreens, pens and annotaion overlay.

NotationUser
10-14-2010, 09:53 AM
I am very much interested in touchscreens, finger tip operation and pen usage in software.

There are some programs that are plain score viewers but allow "overlay annotation". That's basically a kind of painting colored elements on top of score.

I feel Notation software has one big focus on printing black&white.

But Notation Software could be a great score viewer too!

I'd really like to store my inches staples of paper score into a computer but actually there is no great solution to use this further "paperless" without painful constraints.

Conceptually it would need two things: non destructive painting annotations over the score display and display of scanned score (or saved as images). Operationally it may need some detail enhancements on scrolling/flipping pages and controlling that remotely, via a midi controller for instance.

Maybe it's an idea for an additional product... and I don't know any score viewer that can play any score... :D

Curious what you think.

Sherry C
10-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Hi,

It sounds like what you may be looking for is a way to have an "erasable layer" over an image file of your score. As you mentioned there are a number of options available for that.

That said, we do have future plans for adding more annotation features (including color). I cannot give a timeline for that, though, as there are many possible new features for inclusion in future versions, and we try to prioritize them based on user demand and usability.

ttfn,
Sherry

NotationUser
10-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Yes, the important part is that the annotations are logically separated from all scoring stuff. It should work relatively simple, like a text marker to enhance critical parts or a pen to mark or write stuff in without affecting the basic score.

To be honest, that you consider including this is more than I've expected. Schedule isn't too important to me when I know you will do it anytime.