PDA

View Full Version : Exporting notesheet as images

NotationUser
10-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Do you plan image export in Notation Software?

Here is the reason why I ask:

I know that I can "print" to pdf or images using virtual printer drivers - and that's what I've actually tried to do.

However the viewing results on screen are inferior to the Notation Software display itself - because these drivers apply anti-aliasing, regardless which resolution you choose there. When zooming these images in a viewer later the problem increases as this zoom adds anti-aliasing another time.

It would be smarter to have an image export option in Notation Software itself - as this could control resolution better and create results without anti-aliasing.

Sherry C
10-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Hi,

Yep, it's on the "to do" list, but I don't have a timeline for that at this point.

ttfn,
Sherry

NotationUser
10-14-2010, 01:26 PM
That's good to know. Again timeline isn't a major concern to me.

Probably a batch export would be nice too... ;)

Allthumbs
07-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Hello,

I wanted to save my files as PDF's and was interested to read your post and the use of virtual printers. How do you go about that please?

Best wishes - Mark

Sherry C
07-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Hi Mark,

I wanted to save my files as PDF's and was interested to read your post and the use of virtual printers. How do you go about that please?

There is a nifty bit of software called PDF Creator that will save a PDF or any number of image filetypes. You can get it free/donation from PDFCreator (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/)

To use it, first install the program. After that, whenever you want to save a PDF or image file of your document (in any program), use File/Print, and select PDF Creator as the "printer." You can then select which type of file you'd like to save it as (eg. PDF, GIF, etc.)

Very handy, and I've had great success using it for scores from Notation Composer, as well as other documents that I wanted in PDF or image format.

ttfn,
Sherry

dj
07-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Hi, all:

Every Windows 7 computer comes pre-installed with a printer driver to create Microsoft .xps files, which are similar to .pdf and freely transferable between any Windows 7 or later computers.

The quality difference between the output of PrimoPDF, which is the .pdf driver I use, and Microsoft XPS Document Writer is negligible, or, at least, balances out between them.

I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm a Microsoft pusher, but it is a free and already installed alternative, if you have Win 7 (or 8 soon).

David