PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible ?

MARC
10-05-2010, 12:48 PM
:) Good morning to all of you

I am trying to use the Notation Musician and come to a new question.

When a music sheet is realized with the melody notes and the chords. Is it possible to play only the chords without hearing the notes ? I know that it is possible to hear every chords one by one in presenting the mouse pointer close by, but I did not find the way to hear them in the raw. :confused:

In other word (sorry for my bad english) is it possible to the music sheet just by the chords,

Hope that you can understand me and give me response,

Thanks to all of you:)

Regards
Marc:o

Sherry C
10-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Hi Marc,

If you're adding chord names to the score, they will not add notes to the score. When you play the file, you will still only hear the notes that the original file contained.

Using Musician (which if I recall correctly is what you are using), and depending on if the file you are using has a staff that only has chord notes, you can "Solo" the staff that contains the chord notes by clicking on the "Solo" staff control button (the one with two little green people - it will change to a single green person when it is on "solo"). Then when you play the file, only the chord notes will sound.

ttfn,
Sherry

MARC
10-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Hi Marc,

If you're adding chord names to the score, they will not add notes to the score. When you play the file, you will still only hear the notes that the original file contained.

Using Musician (which if I recall correctly is what you are using), and depending on if the file you are using has a staff that only has chord notes, you can "Solo" the staff that contains the chord notes by clicking on the "Solo" staff control button (the one with two little green people - it will change to a single green person when it is on "solo"). Then when you play the file, only the chord notes will sound.

ttfn,
Sherry

Dear Sherry,:)

Once again thanks for replying to my post. I sincerely appreciated it a lot as I am decovering your software.:)

I understand what you are telling me, but this seems to be only true before merging tracks and before "prepare special part using wizard" to make a final fake book lead sheet then when the original tracks are on.:cool:

However, if I am making a final fake book lead sheet, it apperas that I have only one line ( the melody and the chords on the top of it.) Aparently, I can not split the sound of the two. Is there any way to do so ?

Why I am looking for this. I am trying to use your software and it suits my personal needs, however I have discovered when I make a lead sheet, it appears that I do not get everytime the same chords (it depends on how I make the final lead sheet) and unfortunately, in some case, the sounds does not match, so be abe to hear only that particular chord sound will certainely help rectifying. :confused:

Thanks for your continuing support;)

Regards
Marc