PDA

View Full Version : 'Music composer' or 'Music notation' which is best for my needs?

graham
10-05-2010, 05:51 AM
Is 'Music composer' or 'Music notation' similar to Sibelius? I want to play classical music on my piano then have it show on my computer in note form. I then want to edit it and print it out.

Does 'Music composer' or 'Music notation' do this?

Sherry C
10-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi Graham,

Notation Composer is exactly what you need :)

You can play on your keyboard (MIDI connection) and record into Composer. It will then give you sheet music for your performance. There's a new feature in the latest release that allows you to record without using a metronome or other beat marker. You can then adjust the barlines/timing after you record.

You can try it out free for 30 days by downloading the trial version. Unlike other software, the trial version is fully functional for saving, printing - everything. You can get it from www.notation.com/NotationComposer.php

If you have any questions or run into any problems, just let us know.

ttfn,
Sherry

dj
10-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi, Graham, Sherry:

There's an old rule of thumb about technology called the 80/50 rule: find the product that gives you 80% of the functionality of the top line product at 50% of the price and buy it.

Notation Composer gives you at least 80% of the functionality of Sibelius at about 20% of the price.

AND, I still prefer Composer's printout to Sibelius'.

David

NotationUser
10-22-2010, 04:23 PM
I like these "rules" :p

Reminds me on the 80/20 rule for business... means 20% of your effort makes you 80% of your revenue.

Life can be so simple! Just find out the 20% and spend the remaining 80% of your time on the beach... :D