PDA

View Full Version : I can't make it, my english is not good enough!!!

MARC
09-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Hi all,

I have discovered the Notation Musician software on the web, but I can not use it, the manual is too hard for me to understand.

I have one simple question, and hopefully, an experimented user will be giving me an answer.

It is hard to find in france country music sheets, however, midi file can be loaded from the web. I am playing on a yamaha arranger keyboard for fun.
My question is : How is it possible to get, from a midi file, a lead music sheet, that show, the chord and the right hand? I have tried to do it on achy breaking heart.midi file.

Believe me , I have tried to work it out, but without succes. The printing I have does not correspond to anything correct. What am I doing wrong ?

I will be awaiting your answers...and your explinations.

Thanks to all of you

Regards
Marc

Sherry C
09-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi Marc,

If you can please post the .mid file that you are using it will be helpful.

There is a feature in Part called "Prepare Fake Sheet" that will do what you want, but sometimes it's tricky to figure out which staff to select for the "Melody line" staff. Having the file to see and hear will help in figuring that out.

ttfn,
Sherry

MARC
09-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Hi Sherry

Thanks for your fast repply. I appreciated it.

The midi file is attached (I think...)

I would be very gald if you can tell me how to do it. I have tried many things, and no way to get it.

I have also incorporated a pdf for your review. I am playing the pdf which seems to be the right song. I guess, the software should give about the same isn't it ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Marc

Sherry C
09-27-2010, 05:15 PM
Hi Marc,

The sheet music you get from a .mid file may not necessarily match exactly sheet music that you have bought. Notation Musician will give you the transcription of the MIDI file from the data that it has, which is dependent on the person who originally sequenced the file. Sometimes it is the same, sometimes it is different.

To use the MIDI file that you have, you will need to (1) merge the Lyric and Clean electric guitar staves (Staff/Merge) and then (2) use the Part/Prepare Fakesheet wizard. When you do the Chord transcription, you'll probably only want to use the Acoustic Guitar and Bass staves, and use the "Easy chords" option for the chord transcription (Options).

It will still be somewhat different than the pdf file you have, but it will look much more like it than if you use all staves for the analysis.

Enjoy :)
Sherry

MARC
09-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Hi Marc,

The sheet music you get from a .mid file may not necessarily match exactly sheet music that you have bought. Notation Musician will give you the transcription of the MIDI file from the data that it has, which is dependent on the person who originally sequenced the file. Sometimes it is the same, sometimes it is different.

To use the MIDI file that you have, you will need to (1) merge the Lyric and Clean electric guitar staves (Staff/Merge) and then (2) use the Part/Prepare Fakesheet wizard. When you do the Chord transcription, you'll probably only want to use the Acoustic Guitar and Bass staves, and use the "Easy chords" option for the chord transcription (Options).

It will still be somewhat different than the pdf file you have, but it will look much more like it than if you use all staves for the analysis.

Enjoy :)
Sherry

Hi Shery,

I am going to try and will let you know by tomorrow.

I do thank you very much for your time

Regards
Marc

MARC
09-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Hi Sherry,:)

I have followed your note. Thanks. I understand the way it is working. I have to merge before going to the printing of a music sheet.

However, I have note on the result that the clef showned is a bass and not the not the treble.

I found the way to translate from bass clef to treble (menu clef) but the notes are away from the inside grid (5 lines). How is it possible to modify the note so they appear to be in the center (normal octave).:confused:

Sorry I am not a musician and I am probably using wrong word. I do apologize to all the musician.:(

Thank for your help:)
Regards
Marc

Sherry C
09-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Hi Marc,

We're making progress :)

To have the notes display up an octave, you can use Staff/Transpose Instrument Key. For the staff, click on the "O octaves" and select "1 octave". Then click "Ok."

ttfn,
Sherry

MARC
09-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Hi Marc,

We're making progress :)

To have the notes display up an octave, you can use Staff/Transpose Instrument Key. For the staff, click on the "O octaves" and select "1 octave". Then click "Ok."

ttfn,
Sherry

Hi Sherry,:)

Thanks for the advise, I have tried and yes it is possible to transpose from one or more octaves.

I did not explained me correctly. The notes showned are far down and away from the normal 5 lines grid. For someone who expresses some difficulties to read the standard on grid 7 notes, you can imaginate how difficult it is to determine the very lower or the very higher notes. My point of view, was, how can we re-translate the full sheet into that middle grid. :o

I am enclosing a print of what I wish to obtain. A photo would be easiest for you to uderstand me.:D

Thanks for your kind support.
Regards from Paris
Marc

MARC
09-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi Sherry

I made it this time correctly, I did enter wrong numbers, and of course this did not made it right at the end

Thanks.
Regards
marc;)

Sherry C
09-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi Marc,

I am glad that you were able to get the score you wanted :)

ttfn,
Sherry

MARC
10-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi Marc,

I am glad that you were able to get the score you wanted :)

ttfn,
Sherry

Good morning Sherry,:)

Hope your are fine. I am back to you on the same subject. I did find how to make th music sheet thanks to your explanations. However, when I want to play it on my arranger, notes are not corresponding,,, (by hears):confused: to be honest it does not sound right!

I have noted for exapmle, a si, si, la, la, si etc... and my hears are telling me it shoud be a si, si, #sol, # sol, si, si

Is it possile that errors are made when merging the slave and when it generates a musit lead sheet ?:eek:

As I told you, I am not a musician, so maybe I am making a wrong idea...

Thanks for your help.

Regards from paris.
Marc;)

Sherry C
10-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Hi Marc,

However, when I want to play it on my arranger, notes are not corresponding,,, (by hears):confused: to be honest it does not sound right!

I have noted for exapmle, a si, si, la, la, si etc... and my ears are telling me it shoud be a si, si, #sol, # sol, si, si

Most likely it's due to pitch bends in the file, which do indeed alter the pitch of the notes, and can goof up the notation. For example, a note may have been entered as doh, but then a pitch bend was applied to the note to make it doh#. In that case, your ear hears "doh#" while the notation on the score shows "doh." Musician does not show Pitch Bend data, but Notation Composer does. Composer also allows you to edit pitch bend data. If you'll post the file and let me know which notes aren't correct, I'll take a look and see if there are indeed pitch bends involved.

ttfn,
Sherry

MARC
10-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Hi Marc,

Most likely it's due to pitch bends in the file, which do indeed alter the pitch of the notes, and can goof up the notation. For example, a note may have been entered as doh, but then a pitch bend was applied to the note to make it doh#. In that case, your ear hears "doh#" while the notation on the score shows "doh." Musician does not show Pitch Bend data, but Notation Composer does. Composer also allows you to edit pitch bend data. If you'll post the file and let me know which notes aren't correct, I'll take a look and see if there are indeed pitch bends involved.

ttfn,
Sherry

Hi Sherry

That is fast...Many thanks for your explanations. It is more complicated that I taught....:o

I am still trying to work out the country style music achy breaky heart.

I am sure about what you said, it is the pitch bend... I am passing the sheet for your analysis if you have time. the sound of a guitar may have influence the recognition.

Thaks once again,

Regards
marc

Sherry C
10-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Hi Marc,

Thanks for the file - lots of pitch bends in there!

I'm posting a copy of the same file here, only with the pitch bends removed. Try this one to see the difference :)

ttfn,
Sherry

MARC
10-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Hi Sherry:)

Hope your week end was nice and enjoyable :)

Thanks for your mail, I have appreciated it a lot. To be honest with you, I did not make it....:(:( I am not a good player and the sound given...does not match.

When I come to US (if one dau I come), I will be buying several country song books. There are not available to the french market. Most of the country music incorpores pitch bends, so, I may have a hard headache using musician notation (as I said I am not a good musician) to make the translation to music sheet.

However, the software gives excellents and fantastic results on other type of songs. I have plenty of french standards musics, and the translation to music sheets is just fantastic. :):):):):):):):)

Too bad, the software does not exist in "langue of Molière" (french):cool: but after a little of time of practise, I figured it out....(At least if I wait for the next question...):p

Thanks for your help.

Marc:)