PDA

View Full Version : Connecting arpeggio symbol

Leslie Sanford
09-20-2010, 03:39 AM
Hi,

I'm currently evaluating Notation Composer, and I have a question. I'm scoring a piano piece and would like to indicate that a chord should be arpeggiated. I know how to use the arpeggio symbol, but the problem is that when lower part of the chord is in the bass clef and the upper part of the chord is in the treble clef, the arpeggio symbol does not extend itself between the two clefs. Instead there are two arpeggios symbols, one in front of lower part of the chord and another in front of the upper part of the chord.

I think this could confuse a player in that he/she may think that the two parts of the chord should be arppegiated at the same time when what I want to illustrate is that the entire chord should be arpeggiated starting with the lower part and then the upper part.

I've attached an image file illustrating what I mean.

Is there a way to do this?

Sherry C
09-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Hi Leslie,

There is not currently an easy way to connect the ties for the arpeggios on the two different staves. Sorry for the inconvenience.

ttfn,
Sherry

Sharri
09-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Hi Leslie,

There is not currently an easy way to connect the ties for the arpeggios on the two different staves. Sorry for the inconvenience.

ttfn,
Sherry

Hi Sherry,
I hope you will be adding that convenience soon. I am a pianist and right now my only option is to draw in the connection after it's printed out. Connected arpeggios are crucial in piano land!
Thanks.

Sherry C
09-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Howdy friends,

It's on the "to do" list, but I can't promise a schedule for that.

ttfn,
Sherry

Gurra1
06-17-2014, 01:37 PM
I evaluated Notation Composer some time ago but decided not to buy at the time due to some common piano score features missing.
Are arpeggios connecting across staves working in the current software version?

Sherry C
06-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Hi,

I evaluated Notation Composer some time ago but decided not to buy at the time due to some common piano score features missing.
Are arpeggios connecting across staves working in the current software version?

Sorry that this was not part of the initial 3.0 release. It is still slated to be added.

ttfn,
Sherry