PDA

View Full Version : Space between main score and Coda

Steelpicker999
08-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi, Can anyone help me out here? I have written out a score for my daughter to play on her violin that consists of a main part which is repeated and goes into a coda the second time. I have all the notation and expression etc completed but I want the to have a space between the main score and the coda so that the end of the main score and the start of the Coda is more obvious. Any clues how to do this? Regards Chris

Sherry C
08-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Hi Chris,

If you mean an actual break in the staff lines of the score (eg. a "blank lines" measure), Composer doesn't currently have that capability.

If that's not what you mean, maybe a little more detail about what kind of break might help me understand what you're looking for. Perhaps a Free Text or Symbol in a large font to draw attention to the Coda?

ttfn,
Sherry

Steelpicker999
08-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Hi Sherry, Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, a complete break or gap is what I was after. I have got round it for now by inserting an extra measure, printing the score, useing that white correction fluid (we call it tippex over here) to cover the print in that bar and then photocoping the score. Perhaps it could go on the "wish list" for some future release. many thanks, Chris