PDA

View Full Version : No lyrics or txt found in a midi file

globart
04-10-2016, 11:02 PM
Playing a midi file whit Kanto Player i see text of song.
Searching in Notation Composer 3 i am unable to find lyrics in any instruments pentagram.
With an old software (PSRUTI) i am allerted that no [start lyrics] is found.
I believe that midi file is incomplete.
Can i perform a correction of midi file? and how?:confused:
Thank you

Reinhold H.
04-11-2016, 05:27 PM
Could you please send us that particular midi file to support@notation.com ?
We will investigate what happened with our tools.

Reinhold

globart
04-12-2016, 04:30 AM
I have send you the midi file.
Thank for your attention to my problem:)

Reinhold H.
04-12-2016, 04:54 PM
Thank you for sending the midi file. This midi file indeed does not contain any lyrics. Lyrics need to be added.
Musician and Composer have a feature for adding lyrics to a song using the copy/paste command. The procedure is explained in detail in the manual and in the Lyrics 2 video see here (http://www.notation.com/TutorialVideos.php).
After lyrics is added, the exported midi file then will contain the lyrics and chords. When transfering this exported midi file with a USB stick to a keyboard, many keyboards will display the lyrics on the screen when the song is playing. Those which support the Yamaha XF chord format will display the chords, too.

Reinhold

globart
04-12-2016, 06:05 PM
Dear Reinhold
you reply is very very helpfull
(i'm a beginner).
Thank you
Best regards

Thank you for sending the midi file. This midi file indeed does not contain any lyrics. Lyrics need to be added.
Musician and Composer have a feature for adding lyrics to a song using the copy/paste command. The procedure is explained in detail in the manual and in the Lyrics 2 video see here (http://www.notation.com/TutorialVideos.php).
After lyrics is added, the exported midi file then will contain the lyrics and chords. When transfering this exported midi file with a USB stick to a keyboard, many keyboards will display the lyrics on the screen when the song is playing. Those which support the Yamaha XF chord format will display the chords, too.

Reinhold