PDA

View Full Version : Combine Chord Command

herbert
07-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Hi Sherry,

I am on Composer 2.6.1 (only, no other drug)

If I use the combine chord command by typing “cc”, after selecting notes, the notation of the individual notes is moved as expected. The performance does not change.

Herbert

Sherry C
07-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi Herbert,

Glad that Composer is all you need ;)

The chord combine "cc" command is intended to only alter the notation. To additionally shift the piano roll (performance) so that the notes sound at the same time, then after you use "cc", you can type "A + down arrow key" (the "snap to as-notated attack" command).

ttfn,
Sherry

herbert
07-13-2010, 07:01 AM
Hi Sherry,

I have always found the “cc” command very useful when arranging existing music. With recent changes to Composer, I assumed that the “cc” command would now set the performance to comply with the notation.

What is the use of drastically changing the notation of a measure, without changing its performance?

Herbert

Sherry C
07-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Howdy Herbert,

What is the use of drastically changing the notation of a measure, without changing its performance?

Guitar players ;)

Sometimes the change in notation is not so drastic, and folks prefer to see the notation as a chord but maintain the performance of the original, with the note separation. There are various ways to do such things (using the arpeggio indicator and performance tools, etc.)

Striking the right balance between doing enough and doing too much with any command is always a challenge. We decided to err on the side of caution here.

ttfn,
Sherry