PDA

View Full Version : Recorder Duet, Andantino

aulos43
06-28-2014, 06:29 AM
Another current study. More challenging range and pitch-set -- difficulty level at advanced intermediate.

Walt
----

rrayner
06-28-2014, 01:15 PM
And yet another very interesting piece, Walt. The frequent time signature changes give the piece a free-form feel, very relaxed and casual, like two friends playing in a sylvan glen, without a care in the world. I can envision birds and butterflies and sunbeams through the leaves...

Ralph

Sherry C
06-28-2014, 04:28 PM
Hi Walt,

This is gorgeous! I used Garritan's World Instruments / Native American Flutes, and it indeed invoked sylvan glens, with a small cloud passing by ;)

Thanks for sharing - absolutely beautiful :)

ttfn,
Sherry

herbert
06-29-2014, 12:42 AM
Hi Walt,

This is really nice.

Herbert

aulos43
06-30-2014, 11:14 PM
Thank you all for the supportive comments.

I was taken aback by the visual imagery reported -- certainly not what was in mind when I was writing the piece -- more focused on the many musical elements, formal coherence, and checking it over for playability.

But I do relate to spontaneous visual imagery while listening to "absolute" music -- I still recall my reaction to a Charles Ives piano sonata in the early 70's: visual, and even tactile.

The Andantino is intended for a set of pieces. The order of production isn't following my plan -- had wanted a fast - slow -fast set, but got a slower one first.

See my other post for the next one out -- that one is rather piu' agitato.

Walt
----