PDA

View Full Version : Recorder Duet

aulos43
05-17-2014, 06:36 PM
I've been wanting to try my hand at a duet for this forum. This may be an intermediate-level piece for soprano, due to the lower accidentals, some higher notes and the Scottish snaps in measure 7. And perhaps an easy alto part, though also with some rhythmic interest in places.

Walt

----

rrayner
05-20-2014, 05:21 PM
Thank you for posting this, Walt. It is a very interesting piece, certainly with some challenges, but good intermediate-level material.

Thank you very much for contributing to this sub-forum. Sherry and I have been kind of the lone (ar)rangers out here (groan :D ). I, for one, am happy to see something from someone that is a little bit different in approach than my offerings, and certainly more of a classical recorder genre.

Ralph

aulos43
05-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Ralph,

Thanks so much for trying it out.

I love writing music, even little ditties -- the leap from blank staves to sounds-in-my-ears is exhilarating. And the process is somehow cross-wired in my brain with other esthetic activities, like cutting vegetables, graphic arts, poetry. A resonance of some sort gets set up that reverberates in surprising and delicious ways. And though it is its own reward, I confess I usually imagine an audience.

Now once I produce something, I can't help tinkering with it, so I've published an "improved" version.

Ciao

Walt

----