PDA

View Full Version : Change speed in 2.6 has some glicthes

mswlogo
06-23-2010, 01:35 AM
Since using 2.6 I noticed a new problem.

If I adjust speed while it's playing it suddenly speeds up (like, to fast forward speed) and then slows down as I click the up and down button for speed. It sometimes gets stuck on a note for long time too. It never had this issue at all with 2.5.2 (same Hardware and OS).

I attached a file it did it on, but I think it does it on everything and is not consistent (it won't do it every time).

Running on Windows7 32-bit Lenovo T60.

Mark W
06-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Hello,

The tempo speed problem isn't in the NoteSoft .not file itself. It plays fine here.

Perhaps your system is just temporarily "sick" and needs to be restarted. We Windows users used to have to restart Windows quite often to help it feel better; but even now it's a good idea restart Windows if some or all of the applications are running very slugishly. In fact, I had to do that today with one of my machines.

Cheers
-- Mark

mswlogo
06-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Hello,

The tempo speed problem isn't in the NoteSoft .not file itself. It plays fine here.

Perhaps your system is just temporarily "sick" and needs to be restarted. We Windows users used to have to restart Windows quite often to help it feel better; but even now it's a good idea restart Windows if some or all of the applications are running very slugishly. In fact, I had to do that today with one of my machines.

Cheers
-- Mark

It never ever happened before on 2.5.2 (been running it for over a year everyday). I immediately noticed the problem after the update. Sorry, computer is not sick. Plays at any speed fine. It's only while changing speed it goes crazy.

Sherry C
06-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Howdy George,

I was able to reproduce the problem using the following steps:

1. Open the file
2. Click the "Play" button.
3. Click and hold the "Down" tempo button. (The first time I did this, it slowed properly)
4. Now click and hold the "Up" tempo button.
Typically PROBLEM the playback would speed up far beyond what the tempo number showed in the tempo box.
5. Subsequent changing the tempo during playback in this manner (even if clicking the "Down" button) resulted in too-fast playback while holding the button, and which settled to the proper tempo after releasing the Up or Down button. Occasionally there is also a stuck-note issue.

The problem relies on the presence of repeats. I see it in other files containing repeats, but I don't observe this problem with just-opened .mid files, nor in .not files without repeats.

Does that sound correct, and encompass the cases you've seen, George? Thanks for reporting the problem, and I've written it up for fixing.

ttfn,
Sherry

mswlogo
07-05-2010, 03:16 AM
Thanks for reproducing this.

All my tunes have repeats, which is why I think I have so many unique glitches.