PDA

View Full Version : stem direction single voice

ab10
06-06-2010, 12:20 AM
For some reason I cannot change the stem direction to single voice ie stems both up and down. Working OK for upper and lower voices - what am I missing?

ab10
06-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Follow on from my previous email - the user's guide says "If an upper and lower voice note share the same pitch and attack location, then Composer will automatically share the same notehead for the two voices, provided that there would be no ambiguity in the interpretation of the duration of either the upper or lower voice note." So the shared note should have both an upward and a downward stem - important for choral singing, but I can't get both stems to show.

Sherry C
06-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Howdy,

To enter a double-stemmed note in Composer, you'll actually need to enter the note first as the upper (or lower) voice note, and then enter the note again as it's lower (or upper) voice counterpart. After adding the second note, the double-stem will show up.

So, to add a double-stem middle C, for example.
1. In Add mode, click the note duration you want, and the Upper Voice button.
2. Click on the middle C to add the upper voice middle C.
3. Now click on the Lower Voice button.
4. Click on the middle C again to add the lower voice middle C.
After step 4, the notehead will now have the two stems showing it is a middle C that is shared by both the upper and lower voice.

ttfn,
Sherry

ab10
06-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Brilliant! Thanks a lot Sherry!

nimaranjbar
02-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi there,
I know that using upper voice and lower voice it is possible to create two lines (i.e melody line and bass line) on single staff.
Is there a way to create more than 2 voices (3 or even 4) on single staff? I am writing for the classical guitar and this is a requirement.
Thanks.

N

Sherry C
02-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Hi,

Composer currently only allows for two voices per staff. Multiple voices is on the "to do" list, but fairly low priority compared to other items.

ttfn,
Sherry