PDA

View Full Version : Slurs across multiple endings on repeats

rrayner
05-21-2010, 03:19 PM
I haven't figured out a way to make slurs that begin before a first ending and continue into the first ending, also continue into the second ending. The attached is written for my wife and her Soprano Recorder. I want the slur that begins in measure 5 and ends in measure 7 to also end in measure 9. You will see that I've created a very unprofessional-looking slur ending in measure 9, but I can't make it appear any better than what I've done. In order to get what I have, I had to make the whole note in measure 9 into 4 quarter notes; add the slur (which covered all 4 quarter notes) and try to manipulate it to look like a natural slur ending for a whole note on beat 1; delete the quarter notes on beats 2, 3 and 4; and convert the quarter note on beat 1 into a whole note again.

Has anyone figured out a cleaner way to do this?

Ralph

Sherry C
05-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Howdy Ralph,

Do you mean like this? 293

I tried (successfully) to add a slur to the whole note measure without changing it to quarter notes (I deleted the existing slur to try this out). It did have the ending in the next measure, but I used the "Move ending to previous measure" button to force it to move to just measure 9. I then zoomed in on it pretty closely, and maneuvered the slur symbol to help with shaping it a little better.

Hope this is helpful :)

ttfn,
Sherry

rrayner
05-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi Sherry,

Welcome back! You have been missed!

I can't seem to reach the level of success you did. I deleted the ugly slur I had created; added a new one in measure 9; clicked "move end of slur to previous measure"; but could not move the button on the right end. The other buttons were moveable. I've attached what I have so far.

I hope your away time was good stuff and not problems.

Ralph