PDA

View Full Version : selecting only part of a staff?

hblair
05-17-2010, 01:23 AM
Is it possible to select a portion of an entire staff to, let's say, I want to change the key of the song in the last 15 bars only to another key and leave the balance of the song in the original key.
Thanks in advance,
hb

Sherry C
05-17-2010, 01:48 AM
Hi,

Yes, you can use Region Select to select a region of the score (a range of measures) and then use Staff/Transpose Actual Pitches to change the key of just that selected region. The rest of the song will remain in the original key. This feature works with both Notation Musician and Notation Composer.

ttfn,
Sherry

Is it possible to select a portion of an entire staff to, let's say, I want to change the key of the song in the last 15 bars only to another key and leave the balance of the song in the original key.
Thanks in advance,
hb

hblair
05-17-2010, 02:36 AM
Hi,

Yes, you can use Region Select to select a region of the score (a range of measures) and then use Staff/Transpose Actual Pitches to change the key of just that selected region. The rest of the song will remain in the original key. This feature works with both Notation Musician and Notation Composer.

ttfn,
Sherry

thanks!.........i should have known that!....shame on me!
hb