PDA

View Full Version : Transpose button and other stuff

ClaudioPorcellana
04-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi

I love this Notation Musician as I'm finding again the will to play my guitar
;-)))

but there is some feature that I would have

first, a Transpose button to quickly raise or lower the pitch a half step at a time (without having to do a lot of clicks on many windows)

second, have some preferences, e.g. the kind of part, permanently saved when you close the program and reopen it: currently they are alive only until you close it

and when I choose a kind of part, for example a fake book lead sheet, it would be great the chance to accept all options with one click, instead of seeing tons of windows and doing tons of clicks
for example, an Accept all button, and an Edit all button to edit all windows/options needed

and third, the option to add guitar chords pictures as this one
http://www.chitarradaspiaggia.com/img/tavola-la-minore.jpg

in some place of the sheet music, preferably on top of every staff, but even at the end of the song it would be fine

regards

Claudio

Sherry C
04-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Hi Claudio,

Since I had responded to your survey email, I forgot to respond here publicly as well :)

Here is part of that reply, just so other folks who may be wondering or asking some of the same things will have the response as well.

-------------------------
For transposing pitches of notes, you can use Staff/Transpose Actual Pitches and change the key of a song.

When you save a .not file, and you have selected a Part from the drop list on the menu bar, then the next time you open the file that Part should be the one that displays on re-opening the file. Or perhaps I'm missing the point of your suggestion?

For the Part Wizard (eg. Fakebook lead sheet), we could possibly have a "Quick - accept all defaults", but the variety of .mid and .kar files that are available would make that an almost useless button for the majority of our users. It's very rare that accepting all the defaults for a file will give the best result all the time.

Regarding guitar chord diagrams, we do have plans for better guitar (and other stringed instrument) support, but that won't be til a later version.
-------------------------

If I've missed anything, or you want to follow up on any points, please let me know.

ttfn,
Sherry

calixbrandt
10-17-2011, 10:20 PM
+1 to this, I was also lookin' for this feature. :]