PDA

View Full Version : Want lyric line OVER R.H., L.H. accompaniment

eamonx1
02-27-2010, 08:31 PM
I am working on a song with piano accompaniment. This requires three staves (three lines of music). I want the song line (melody line) to be located ON TOP. I want the L.H., R.H. Accompaniment, UNDERNEATH. I only seem to be able to put the song line ON TOP. How do I change it to UNDERNEATH. I enclose the piece as a file attachment so you will see the problem.

Sherry C
02-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Hi,

Is this what you're trying to do?

If so,
1. Use Staff/Setup
2. Select the staff you want to move
3. Use the "Move up" or "Move down" button to put the staff in the position you want.
4. Click "Ok".

We'll be working to make that maneuver easier to do right from the score in the next major release.

ttfn,
Sherry

eamonx1
02-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Sherry you are a star. It worked beautifully. You have solved every issue I have sent you. And I will certainly be purchasing the upgrade. One outstanding post: About writing plain chant? Called 'joining together quavers'. Here it is. But you can answer in its correct place on forum
(I am writing in Plain Chant format. You gave me excellent instructions on how to do this some time ago (last year) (setting it at 20/4, writing the piece, hiding the time signature etc) My question:I have groups of quavers (quarter notes), sometimes groups of three, sometimes groups of four. But they do not appear automatically as groups (with joined stems) I want to make them look like groups, with the stems joined. I dont want to turn them into triplets etc. Is there a device where I can join the stems of two quavers (already joined) with a third isolated quaver? Hope I have made myself clear???)
From Cork, Ireland, and thanks again

Sherry C
03-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Hi,

You can play around with the beaming of notes to a fairly high degree.

If you have a group of 3 quavers that are beamed together, and you want to join an adjacent single quaver with those 3, the following should work for you (I just tested this here, and it did for me).
1. This example is dealing with a group of 3 beamed quavers, with a single quaver following (to the right). Click on the single quaver to select it.

2. Click the Notes and Rests/Beams palette button.

3. Now click on the "Beam left" (second) button on the Beam tool detail palette. That single quaver should now "beam left" and join the already beamed group.
You can apply the same sort of steps to join a single quaver that preceeds a group of already beamed quavers (but using the "beam right" button). The main key when regrouping the beaming patterns is to select only the notes you want to affect, which is pretty easy with click-dragging if there are more than one.

Does this answer the question? If not, please let me know.

ttfn,
Sherry