PDA

View Full Version : Putting Midi In Bass Clef?

KenRyan
02-06-2010, 02:11 PM
I wrote a midi melody that I want displayed in treble clef, but when I open it in Notation, it automatically displays it in bass clef...presumably because many of the notes are in the lower register. But I WANT it on a treble clef staff.

Even when I "transpose" it, the notes on the staff don't change.

Is there a way for me to change the staff from bass clef to treble clef AND have the notes change to the appropriate new positions?

Thanks.

Ken

Sherry C
02-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Hi Ken,

It sounds like what you want to do is (1) make the notes all sound an octave higher than what they do currently and (2) show those notes on the treble clef. If I understand that correctly, then you can do the following:
1. Use "Region" and then "Select region". If all you have is the single staff, then you won't need to change anything, just click "Ok." Otherwise choose that staff out of the drop list.

2. Now in the Region menu, click on "Convert region to a selection of notes". All the notes should turn blue, showing they are selected and can be edited.

3. Now hold the "P" key on your keyboard (for "p"itch) and press the Page UP button. This will move all the note pitches up one octave.

4. If the clef symbol didn't change to the treble clef (it should), then you can just double-click the clef symbol in the score, and select the treble clef in the scrolling box. Then click "Ok."
If the above doesn't solve the problem, please give me more details about what you want to do, or post the file here so I can take a look at it.

Thanks!
Sherry

KenRyan
02-07-2010, 10:35 PM
That worked! Thanks Sherry:D

Ken