PDA

View Full Version : Text not aligned with music in Song

eamonx1
02-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Sorry for my third post tonight (it will be the last one). I entered the text of a song in the Print View (or Page View) correctly - each word or syllable in its correct position corresponding to the line of the music. However when I printed it out it was no longer aligned. The first few measures of each line was reasonably aligned, but in the remaining measures the text had moved significantly out of place - it had moved towards the right side (ahead of the music). Any ideas what is going wrong here.

Sherry C
02-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi,

My best guess is that the lyrics (if that's what these were) were entered as Free text rather than Lyrics. Free text is anchored "relatively" in the score, and may shift if any changes are made in the formatting. Lyrics are tightly associated with their notes.

Another issue that sometimes comes up is if you have multiple printers installed, and you end up printing to a different printer than the default printer. You can check ahead of time for this issue by using File/Print Setup, and make sure the printer you plan to print on is the one that is selected there. This is important, because Musician and Composer both use the printer driver of the selected printer to show Page view (which is essentially a print preview.)

If the above does not help with figuring out the problem, please attach the file so I can take a look at it.

Thanks!
Sherry

eamonx1
02-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks Sherry for your prompt and clear reply.