PDA

View Full Version : Problem in displaying note as I want it

eamonx1
02-02-2010, 09:46 PM
4/4 time, key of D Major. In one measure of four crochets (quarter notes) I sharpen the note 'd' (just above middle c). The following note is also 'd sharp'. However when I try to enter it, it displays as 'e flat'. This is the same note (d sharp=e flat). But I simply want the note to appear as 'd' (no sharps or flats) - it takes its 'sharp' character because it is in the same measure as the sharpened 'd'. I am attaching the offending measure as a file attachment.

Sherry C
02-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Hi,

4/4 time, key of D Major. In one measure of four crochets (quarter notes) I sharpen the note 'd' (just above middle c). The following note is also 'd sharp'. However when I try to enter it, it displays as 'e flat'.

This enharmonic spelling difference is a bug in v 2.5.2 that will be fixed in the upcoming 2.6 release.

For now you can fix this problem manually by (1) selecting the Eb note and (2) hold the "E" (enharmonic) on your keyboard and press the up or down arrow key to change the enharmonic spelling of the note.

ttfn,
Sherry

eamonx1
02-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks Sherry for your prompt and clear reply.

eamonx1
02-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Sherry I am back to you again. I had no problem with my other two queries. This one I cant do it. You told me to 1) selecting the Eb note and (2) hold the "E" (enharmonic) on your keyboard and press the up or down arrow key to change. I assume these are Two Steps in the process. How do I select the Eb note? I would first select the E and put it into the score. Then I would select the flat and click on it - the E in the score automatically now displaying the flat. Is there another way so that I can enter the Eb with one click and hold that click down, then move the arrow key up or down. You can see I am a little confused.

Sherry C
02-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Hi,

The note being an "E" and the "E" key being do make for some interesting communications :)

I meant (and should have been more clear) to do the following:

1. Enter your note on the score (however you do that). (If it's already on the score, you can just click on it to select it for editing.)

2. While the note is blue (it's selected), then hold the "E" key on your keyboard, and press the up or down arrow key to change the enharmonic spelling. You should see the note change (1)position on the staff lines and (2) change accidentals to indicate that it's changed (eg. from Eb to D#).

Let me know if I'm still not clear.

ttfn,
Sherry

eamonx1
02-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Sherry you are a star. It worked perfectly. Thanks from Cork, Ireland