PDA

View Full Version : Leaving On A Jet Plane Duet

rrayner
11-17-2013, 01:33 PM
"Leaving On A Jet Plane" was written by John Denver in 1966 and perhaps the most popular version was recorded by Peter, Paul and Mary in 1967. This arrangement is kind of a hybrid -- a lot of it is in the style of Peter, Paul and Mary, but some of it is John Denver's original lead sheet. And of course, part of it is my ideas.

The format of the music is for printing in Page View, and therefore, there is a Page Break between measures 27 and 28. If you prefer to play this song from your PC display, rather than from printed copy, you will note that measure 27 is the full width of your display. You can remove the Page Break to show more measures on the page in this mode.

Ralph Rayner

rrayner
08-03-2019, 09:41 PM
We played this arrangement a few days ago and I saw that I had broken a notation convention - I had "crossed the imaginary bar line". I have two samples below: the first is a sample that shows the incorrect notation - each measure has a quarter note at the offbeat of beat two; the second sample shows the correct notation with the "offensive" quarter notes replaced with two eighth notes that are tied together to give the proper notation.

I have included a broken red line in the correct example to show where the "imaginary bar line" is - breaking the measure into two sections of two beats a piece.

I have updated this thread with the corrected score.

Ralph R. Rayner