PDA

View Full Version : Recording where composition has many regular notes

jss
11-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Hi Sherry,
I have a classical piano piece i'm entering in Composer. There are sections in which all the notes are single voice and of the same duration (1/16th notes). I'd like to play these in from my Technics keyboard. Is there a way to setup Composer so that whatever note duration I play, that note will always be a 1/16 note? i.e. I don't want Composer to try and interpret the duration of what I play
thanks

Sherry C
11-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Hi John,

Sounds like a situation for Step Time Recording :) Please give it a try. You can read about how to do it in Help/Users Guide (use the Index to look up "recording" and choose "step-time"), or see the Tutorial Video on Step Time Recording here. (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=3648)

ttfn,
Sherry

jss
11-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Thanks Sherry - just what I needed.

jss
11-06-2013, 02:17 PM
I spoke a little to soon :). The step input works fine except sometime rests appear in the notation and I can't see why. I've tried playing at different speeds and am careful to ensure each key is released before the next is pressed. So wonder why these rests are appearing?
Thanks
-john

Sherry C
11-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Hi John,

There is a glitch that sometimes - depending on the magnification usually - there will be unwanted rests inserted because the cursor jumps too far.
1. Select the note
2. Press "Shift" and the Left arrow key to move the note back.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It should not do this if you open Composer and do the Step Time Recording without changing the magnification.

ttfn,
Sherry