PDA

View Full Version : Need help in chording!

rockinglicks
06-24-2013, 09:57 AM
I am not a great player but did play in a church praise band. I love those songs from Jesus Culture and Hill-songs. I can atleast play somehow. Still, I need help in chording for the song Rain Down by Jesus Culture.

Sherry C
06-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Hi,

If you don't get a response from someone who already has a .not or .mid file for the song here, then you can try creating your own :)

You can use Notation Composer (http://www.notation.com/NotationComposer.php) and a "slow down" audio program (even the ubiquitous Windows Media Player does this) so you can figure out the notes and chords and then add them to a sheet in Notation Composer.

You can find more information (and links to more advanced audio programs) at http://www.notation.com/Articles-AudioToSheetMusic.htm

ttfn,
Sherry

rockinglicks
06-28-2013, 04:26 AM
Thank You Sherry! You are a great person :)

Sherry C
06-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Hi,

You're too kind :)

Another resource you might want to check out for some Hillsongs music is Worship Together (www.worshiptogether.com) They have everything that they have ever published available, many of them free (and others pay-for). If you sign up for their newsletter, you'll get notices when new free songs are available. Chris Tomlin also puts out some very playable stuff (as well as throwing in a few odd-meter tunes which gives our guitarist some fits ;) ).

Enjoy :)
Sherry

rockinglicks
07-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Once again thank you Sherry. You are a great help! :)

rockinglicks
07-09-2013, 10:03 AM
haha. Thanks! :)

rockinglicks
07-12-2013, 08:52 AM
Thank You once again. :)

rrayner
10-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi Sherry,

I stumbled on this thread and tried to chase your reference to "Audio to Sheet Music" below and received the Notation message:

Sorry, we can't find the page you want.
The web page you attempted to open was not found. This might be because you typed in a web page address at our site, but misspelled it. Or, this might be our mistake, that a web page is missing at our site. Please see if these links will help you find what you need, or use the Search feature in the navigation bar.

Is this article still available somewhere? Thanks.

Ralph

Sherry C
10-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Hi Ralph,

You can now find that article at http://www.notation.com/Articles-AudioToSheetMusic.php Thanks for letting us know about the link.

Due to German law regarding responsibility for posting links on an "official business" website, we've had to remove some of the links in articles (like the Audio to Sheet music page) from the website. (Any links we have on the main website, we are also responsible for the content on those websites). However, search engines are much better than they used to be, so you can use your favorite and search for something like "slow down audio" to find most of the programs that were mentioned on the original page. If all you need is to slow down a song (without any other bells and whistles), then the Windows Media Player that is on all Windows machines can do that.

ttfn,
Sherry

rrayner
11-21-2013, 05:52 PM
Hi Sherry,

My apologies for my delayed response on this. I have read the information at the link and have been most impressed (and grateful) for the reference to the obscure (to me) Windows Media Player having the ability to slow down the tempo of a piece while keeping the pitches at their original settings. WOW!! A very valuable tool for transcribing. Your dialog led me to searching for "how to" do this. This was a mystery tour, as at first, the articles were telling me to use the "Now Playing" tab, which I couldn't locate in my (what I believe to be) WMP 11.0.

To shorten this discussion, I found that when WMP 11..0 is in "Now Playing" mode (w/no tabs whatsoever), that in order to get into "Settings", one needs to simply right click on any of the open space in "Now Playing". This yields a drop down menu of settings which include "Enhancements". Selecting "Enhancements" will open up a menu which includes "Play speed settings". Clicking on this gives you a slider bar with which you can slow down or speed up the file you are listening to. What an invaluable tool!! Thank you very much for directing me to it.

I hope this will help others who are interested in transcribing wav or mp3 files.

Ralph