PDA

View Full Version : Page Sizes

martin
06-22-2013, 09:09 AM
I am using composer together with a screen capture program (snagit) to take screen shots of music to display on a tablet pc with a 1280 x 800 pixel screen size. It would be very helpful if the list of screen sizes included a user size that can be set in pixels. Thanks.:)

Sherry C
06-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Hi Martin,

Snagit is a great screen capture program - I use it myself :)

This is the first time we've had such a request for this, and to be honest with you it's not anywhere close to the top of the list for new features for our software. There are too many others that are related to the music making aspect of it :)

However, in Snagit, you can indeed set the image size to a specific pixel setting. What I've done for such screen shots myself is to:

Set an image in Snagit to the desired pixel dimensions.
Pull up my Composer screen next to the resized image file
Manually size the Composer screen to match.

Now I can go between the max size to work on files, then "smallerize" the file for screenshots. Also, the custom smallerized version is what comes back up if you close the program and then re-open it. I can also "trim" if needed in Snagit, but this method has worked great for me.

There aren't a lot of us that take screen shots like this (at least that I know of - if you're out there, make yourselves known :) ), so hopefully the above will help a bit.

ttfn,
Sherry