PDA

View Full Version : lyrics

martin
04-24-2013, 08:00 AM
I am wanting to include chord names in the lyric line of a song and I have noticed that when a lyric(no spaces) is longer than about 12 characters it wont show up in Composer when the music is imported as a midi file. In fact if you create a long lyric syllable with no spaces in composer it shows up OK; but if you export the music as a midi file and then reload it, the lyric disappears. I tried the same experiment saving as a .not file and the reloaded file has no problems... any long lyrics show up OK. I also notice that when long lyrics are imported from a midi file, although the long lyric does not show up, it is there somehow; copying the lyrics to the clipboard and pasting into notapad shows that the long lyric is not lost... it just wont show up. It looks as if composer is not providing sufficient room for a long syllable when it reads a midi file....just a guess. Can you think of a workaround... is there a way to increase the space between individaul notes to create more room for example. :)Martin

Sherry C
04-24-2013, 12:25 PM
Hi Martin,

This is intentional as some folks include text that is not lyrics in .mid files.

To have these show, use Setup/Transcription options, and change the number in the box at the bottom for "Hide lyrics...."

ttfn,
Sherry