PDA

View Full Version : Long groups of notes

Timothy S
04-21-2013, 11:35 PM
How do I write a large group of notes that are played quickly during say, a crotchet time value?
For instance when typing in Chopin's nocturnes which might require 11 notes which are played quickly in and around the melody as aa sophisticated ornamentation.

Sherry C
04-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Hi Timothy,

Actually there are some ornaments that will "play" automatically just by (1) entering the "root" note and (2) adding the ornament to it via the Notes and Rests/Ornaments palette tools.

Trills, turns, mordents, arpeggios and tremeloes are included.

Otherwise, you can use the Notes and Rests tab, set the ruler to a really small interval, and then add the small notes yourself as you wish.

ttfn,
Sherry

Timothy S
05-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Hi, Sherry and thanks for your reply.
I decided that the small notes were really to small to read, and I couldn't find a way to increase the font size of them to make them the same size as normal notes, but I found a free program which can put the notes down normal size.

Tim.

Sherry C
05-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Hi Tim,

I'm just guessing here, but I think you're referring to "grace notes". Composer does give you the option to have such grace notes written out as regular notation rather than the smaller sized grace note.

To do it:

Click on the grace note to highlight it. The palette will automatically change to the Grace Note tools.
In the Grace Note palette toolbar, click on the "Remove the grace note symbol but not the actual note" button (on the left, next to the "spectacles" button).

This will change the grace note to a "regular" note.

ttfn,
Sherry