PDA

View Full Version : song key changer/ keys on sheet paper

maggiemuggins
04-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Hello I am trying the trial version to see if I can figure out HOW to use it lol . I need to know how to change keys on the midi song files i download like change from key of G to-D for example and how can I get name of key to show up on top of sheet paper .Like which key each phrase is being played in a d d7 etc. tks .....margie

dj
04-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Hi, Maggie:

Both Notation Composer and Notation Musician can trancscribe chord names from the midi score.

Simply go to the Format menu and select Transcribe Chord Names, or type "qtc". A box will come letting you choose various elements of how the chords are calculated and displayed.

Good luck.

David

Sherry C
04-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi Maggie,

If you'd like to change the key (actual pitches) of a song, you can use Staff/Transpose Actual Pitches. In the dialog, you'll have the opportunity to choose the key, and whether the pitches should be shifted up or down from the current version of the song. You can also do this for regions of a song by selecting the region (range of measures) that you want to apply the key change to (eg. if you want to modulate a verse).

Enjoy!
Sherry