PDA

View Full Version : The Sound of Silence Duet

rrayner
04-02-2013, 01:59 PM
This piece is written for Soprano Recorder and Alto Recorder. Play along with Notation Composer or print the piece for playing with your friend(s). Please feel free to change the instruments and/or keys to suit your personal needs. RRR

"The Sound of Silence" was written by Paul Simon in 1964 and performed by Simon and Garfunkel.

This arrangement is basically a reduction of the piano part -- a fairly simple and haunting melody and harmony. It has long been a favorite of Cynthia's and mine.

We hope you enjoy playing it.

Ralph Rayner

JaneLewis
04-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Hi Ralph

The Sound of Silence duet is lovely ... Thankyou.

I love Paul Simon. I have transposed it for my Alto recorder fingering and now know more notes I will be able to have a go at this!

It's exciting to be able to begin to play such well loved tunes!

Jane

rrayner
04-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Thank you for your kind words, Jane. I do appreciate the irony in the fact that you are an Alto Recorder player, and yet you have to do additional work.

Ralph

JaneLewis
04-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi Ralph
It's no problem at all and a very small price to pay for such lovely duets. Keep up the good work!

I find I am very slow learning these days but the more lovely music the greater the incentive to persevere. I get there in the end and very satisfying it is too.

Jane :)

just4jazz
10-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Thanks for this info, Ralph, and the very prompt reply.
What you have written is of great interest to me as an intermediate jazz player of sax and bass.
However, I am having trouble trying to open your scores. Which program do you use to create your music files? My computer doesn't recognize it.
I don't know whether it is me doing something daft or my computer system. My machine which is less than 12 months old, is working quite successfully at driving me mad!
Thanks again for your input.