PDA

View Full Version : rebar - small detail

jss
03-07-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm only just learning the rebar system.

Suggest the Editable-Barlines button be a toggle. ie A 2nd click pops up a dialog box saying "Abandon rebar changes?" If agree then changes are lost and user can start again.
regards jss

Sherry C
03-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Hi,

There's already an option for starting over. It's the "Del All" button. It will delete all the rebar objects, and let you start over again. We felt that it was more obvious that way (a dedicated "Del All" button) rather than having a dual-function button (toggle) that might confuse a lot of users. Obviously (or obliviously ;) ) it wasn't as clear as we thought :)

ttfn,
Sherry

jss
03-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Hi, Ok personally I prefer a toggle there - saves a button too :) anyway, thanks.

oh btw in that case I think the "Edit All barlines" button should be disabled after 1st click - otherwise it is still enabled and clicking it is not only pointless but could be source of future bugs as the handler for that button is clearly being called again on further clicks (The display can be seen to "twitch" when button clicked again).

regards

Sherry C
03-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Hi,

oh btw in that case I think the "Edit All barlines" button should be disabled after 1st click - otherwise it is still enabled and clicking it is not only pointless but could be source of future bugs as the handler for that button is clearly being called again on further clicks (The display can be seen to "twitch" when button clicked again).

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I'm not seeing a "twitch" either when I click to enter a new barline, shift an existing barline, or do any other editing. What am I missing to make the "twitch" show up?

ttfn,
Sherry

jss
03-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Hi,
Click to Edit all barlines button.
Click it a second time
The display "twitches" (just a very tiny amount).
Further clicks do not twitch.
regards

Sherry C
03-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Howdy,

You've got much better eyes than mine - I'm not seeing a twitch with the scores that I've tested here.

Would you mind sending me one that does please? You can send it to me at the helpdesk if you want (support@notation.com)

Has anyone else noticed this issue as well?

Thanks!
Sherry