PDA

View Full Version : In the Mood Duet

rrayner
01-30-2013, 05:30 PM
This piece is written for Soprano Recorder and Alto Recorder. Play along with Notation Composer or print the piece for playing with your friend(s). Please feel free to change the instruments and/or keys to suit your personal needs. RRR

"In the Mood" was made famous by the Glenn Miller Orchestra, back in the 1940s.

Well, somehow this arrangement got overlooked, as I'd written it over a year ago. It's a little bit of a reduction, but with some of my own tweaks. It is an advanced piece, but can be awfully fun to play when you master it. The tempo setting is adventuresome -- you will probably want to slow it down while you are learning it. Thank goodness the software allows you to do that.

This is another piece that was written with swing figures in standard notation with a lot of eighth note triplets (quarter/eighth) and then converted to swing notation. But of course, you will still hear the swing figures when you let Notation play it for you.

We hope you have as much fun with this as we are.

Ralph Rayner

rrayner
05-12-2014, 12:39 PM
My wife Cynthia was playing the soprano part of this piece from our laptop in the car and asked, "Where is the Segno?" Indeed, I looked at the file this morning and it is nowhere to be seen -- the D. S. al Coda went to nowhere! So, I have updated the score to show the Segno at measure 9.

Ralph