PDA

View Full Version : How about a list of clickable Italian terms ?

adrianallan
12-12-2009, 10:09 PM
For anybody writing music a list of terms would be very useful indeed.

Sibelius has a few, but not nearly enough - so you go to the tempo text option and click on "allegro" for example and allegro comes up where you want it.

I still do my initial scores on Notation Composer because I find it easier and more intuitive than Sibelius (which I use only to tidy up a professional standard score and parts).

When I add Italian terms as free text I find myself having to double check the spelling on the internet. A bank of terms would avoid this. Also it's a great educational resource to have these terms incorporated into Notation Composer.

I know you are concentrating on marketing the product right now, but I think this is a product feature which would be quite easy to add and a way of keeping long time users happy - to see the product still developing.:)

Sherry C
12-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Howdy Adrian,

Actually, you're prescient :) We do want to have a better list of terms available for automatically inserting in a score, rather than having to spell check yourself. I can't promise a date for that, but it's coming :)

ttfn,
Sherry

agiucar
02-26-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm evaluating the product for purchase.

It's possible to have the notation of the chord in Italian?

Thanks

agiucar

:confused:

Sherry C
02-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Hi Agiucar,

It's possible to have the notation of the chord in Italian?

Thanks for trying out the software! Notation products currently do not support other chord naming methods (eg. solfeggio, numbering, etc.) but that is on the "to do" list for the next major version, due out later this year.

ttfn,
Sherry

agiucar
03-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks for your prompt response.

If I can get some advice (I am a programmer by profession), would be useful to move all the textual terms in a table outside the program and customizable by the operator so that external contributors to help translate the user interface.

Sincerely

Agiucar

(sorry for my English, the message you are reading is translated from English by Google)
:)

Hi Agiucar,

Thanks for trying out the software! Notation products currently do not support other chord naming methods (eg. solfeggio, numbering, etc.) but that is on the "to do" list for the next major version, due out later this year.

ttfn,
Sherry

Sherry C
03-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Hi Agiucar,

If you would like to work on localization of the program or other development, you can get in touch with Mark Walsen. He is the chief developer for Notation Software, Inc., and you can contact him via the "Contact Us" link in the bottom right of any forum page here.

Since the Chord Names are musically linked to the score, they are a bit more complex than just making a substitution in a table. As I understand it, in some systems of chord naming, the "doh" is the tonic of the key, while in other systems "doh" is always C. We do have the more complex support of chord naming on the list for the next major release.

ttfn,
Sherry