PDA

View Full Version : Problem with a Play List

ramoscorbella@hotmail.com
11-21-2009, 07:25 AM
When I open the program, the play list appears in the right espace of de screen cuted in a small appearence.
When I want to expand it, whit the arrows, in the "Songs in playlist" the name of each one is displayed only with the 18 or 20 first characters, and the rest of the espace in blank. This is a problem to identify the name of the song. The overlay is also cuted.
Thi doesn't occurs with the rest of the objects like the names of the folders or palylists

Sherry C
11-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Howdy,

The song names that display in the playlist are only the file name "title". For example, if I have a file twinkle.mid, that is located in c:\program files\Notation\Songs\twinkle.mid, only the "twinkle" will show up in the song list. This is to keep the list less cluttered looking.

If you want to see where exactly the file is located (eg. c:\program files\Notation\Songs\twinkle.mid), then (1) click on the song and (2) see the entire path and filename listed in the Status bar at the lower left of the screen.

ttfn,
Sherry

ramoscorbella@hotmail.com
11-21-2009, 05:57 PM
This isn't the problem.
Read with attention my message.
I have a file entitled "The Seasons Haydn part1 Alto".
When I Add the file at "Songs in Play List", the title is complete becasue previously, I have expand the horizontal size of the box list.
I close the program.
I open the program the list is small.
I expand horizontaly the list the name that appears is : "The Seasons Hay" the rest of the name is disappeared.

Sherry C
11-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Howdy,

Thanks for explaining the problem more thoroughly. I've just tested a few different instances where the file names were quite long (over 40 characters) both with and without spaces included. I followed the steps that you outlined as follows:

Add the files to a playlist,
Set the horizontal adjustment so that I can see the entire filename
Close Composer
Reopen Composer, and note that the filenames are partially hidden because the panel is smaller
Drag the horizontal adjustment of the Playlist panel to make it larger.
I can again see the entire filename for each of these files, and they're over 40 characters.

I'm wondering if this is perhaps a video card related issue. One thing to try is to make sure the video card drivers for your machine are up to date.

If the video driver for your machine is up to date, what version of Windows do you have, and what video card or chip?

ttfn,
Sherry