PDA

View Full Version : Reversing the order of notes

jcardana
10-27-2009, 06:06 PM
I haven't fiddled with the arpeggio stuff yet so this may be a stupid question.

I have a measure where the notes go from low to high in an arpeggio and I would like to switch them around and go from high to low. That feature exists in another editor, I'm wondering does anything like that exist here.

Sherry C
10-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Howdy,

I have a measure where the notes go from low to high in an arpeggio and I would like to switch them around and go from high to low. That feature exists in another editor, I'm wondering does anything like that exist here.

You can do that by (1) selecting the notes of the arpeggio and (2) use the Notes/Ornaments palette, and select the Arpeggio button that has the down arrowhead.

ttfn,
Sherry

jcardana
10-28-2009, 03:03 AM
Howdy,

You can do that by (1) selecting the notes of the arpeggio and (2) use the Notes/Ornaments palette, and select the Arpeggio button that has the down arrowhead.

ttfn,
Sherry

Call me stupid, but I couldn't even get the arpeggio feature to work, I entered the notes manually.

Sherry C
10-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Howdy,

Nah, we call this opportunity for Sherry to learn :)

How did you expect to enter the arpeggio? The answer to that question will help us see if there's a better way for the feature to work.

The way it currently works: 1. Enter the notes of the chord you want to have as an arpeggio (or select an existing chord in any file you may have found)
2. Click the Notes tab, then Ornaments in the second level palette (the "tr" button at the far right)
3. In the Ornaments tool bar, select either the Upward or Downward arpeggio button.
You'll now see the arpeggio symbol in front of the notes, and you'll hear the difference in the performance of those notes when the file is played. If you decide you don't like it, you can click the arpeggio symbol and delete it, removing the symbol and the changing the performance back to a standard chord.

ttfn,
Sherry

jcardana
10-28-2009, 03:05 PM
How did you expect to enter the arpeggio? The answer to that question will help us see if there's a better way for the feature to work.
The program told me I needed three notes... So I put in four qtr notes... c, d, e, f. I then clicked on the tr~ button, then the arpeggio up button. Then in "add mode", I clicked on the fourth note. Then I changed the note duration to 16ths, thinking the arpeggio feature didn't have enough room in the measure, but I couldn't move the notes laterally.

After trying again, using a chord of notes, it's works. I'll tinker with it.

Sherry C
10-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Howdy,

The key here is to make sure that all the notes you want to include in the arpeggio are selected (they'll show up blue) before clicking the arpeggio button.

ttfn,
Sherry