PDA

View Full Version : Easy Note Musician. missing notes

inspired
09-26-2009, 12:45 PM
:confused: Hi I am retired novice musician and so far I am delighted with this software however part of this particular score is blank? I have tried changing the clef to 8b and also 15ma neither of which work. I know the score is there as it displays on my Yamaha PSRS900. I look forward to your suggestions. (my musical knowledge is very very little, I use the easy note)

Sherry C
09-27-2009, 01:17 AM
Howdy,

:confused: Hi I am retired novice musician and so far I am delighted with this software however part of this particular score is blank? I have tried changing the clef to 8b and also 15ma neither of which work. I know the score is there as it displays on my Yamaha PSRS900. I look forward to your suggestions. (my musical knowledge is very very little, I use the easy note)

This may be a "too many fonts in the Windows font folder" problem. You can try the following suggestions (these are taken from our KnowledgeBase (http://notation.com/helpdesk/admin/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=view)):

1. For Vista operating system: If you have had to uninstall and reinstall your Notation Software product, sometimes the Harmony.ttf file will not reinstall properly. To install the Harmony font, first you can download just the font from www.notation.com/download/HARMONY_.TTF (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/../download/HARMONY_.TTF) Next, open the Fonts folder in the Windows Control Panel. Then copy and paste, or drag and drop, the Harmony font file to the Fonts folder. Windows will carry out the installation of the font automatically.

2. For XP and previous operating systems:

The most likely explanation of the font problem is that Notation cannot find its True Type music font, named Harmony, with the file name Harmony_.ttf. This will happen if there are too many fonts in your Windows\Fonts directory.

If there are more than 300 fonts in your Windows\Fonts directory, try temporarily moving extra unneeded fonts into another directory. Restart Windows. Then run Notation again. This usually solves the problem.

If this does not solve the problem, then open the Fonts folder in the Windows Control Panel. Remove the Harmony font. Restart Windows, and run Notation again. When Notation does not find the Harmony font in the Windows fonts folder, Notation automatically produces the Harmony_.ttf file in its own directory and uses that copy of the font.
If the above do not resolve the problem, please do let me know.

ttfn,
Sherry

inspired
09-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Dear Sherry, many thanks for prompt reply. I followed your advice and loaded the Harmony file. I also tried another voice from the conducters score, and yes its all working fine. Have a good day. Inspired:)