PDA

View Full Version : trim & fill for printing

panworks
01-03-2013, 07:03 PM
when importing midi, in order to have a clean look for printing, cakewalk has this "trm & fill" ability to get rid of small rests and awkward notation without having to change all the perfromance attributes of notes and rests. Is this something that Notation could include?

dj
01-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi, Panworks:

Notation Composer can clean up short rests and overlapped notes when importing midi files through the Transcription Options item in the Setup menu.

Set up the options you want there and re-import the file. It should come out a lot cleaner.

You can also change the Transcription Options settings and choose Re-transcribe from the Options menu (I think it's the Options menu -- I don't have Composer in front of me at this computer!) and the current file will be re-transcribed with the new settings.

Good luck.

David

Sherry C
01-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Howdy,

David is correct about cleaning up rests and other aspects of the notation. You can select which options you want in Setup/Transcription Options (you can also select which types of automatic steps you want done, such as transposing guitar/bass up an octave, or splitting piano tracks into two-staff parts).

Here's a brief overview (you can also look up specific aspects in Help/Users Guide, using the Index to look up "transcription" and then selecting the specific topic of interest to you.)

You can also see a short Tutorial Video of these options and what they do in the Transcription Options video (click here to go there ;) ) (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=3611).

Enjoy!
Sherry