PDA

View Full Version : Fatal mistake

Alek Yasko (kombrig)
01-28-2007, 06:42 AM
Hello, Sherry!

Earlier today I sent you a letter, full of gladness and grateful. Afterwords I decided to uninstall old version of MNC and I did...

I'm afraid that was a fatal mistake, because all icons .not is gone and my comp see it as unknown format files.
Thanks God, I didn't loose a single note, because of your excellent RECOVERY SYSTEM! I can actually open it with 2.0.1 MNC and it is playing, but there is no proper icons. And I doubt I could save newly made music.
So, what should I do now? Download a trial version again and upgrade it over? Or, despite the icons, and save my scores as is?

Help me, please, Sherry! You see, I'm having endless troubles with your software. I apologize for the disturbance.

Kombrig.

Sherry Crann (sherry)
01-28-2007, 06:03 PM
Howdy Kombrig,

No you haven't made any fatal mistakes - but when you uninstalled MNC, Windows no longer had a program that was "associated" with the .not files, and that's why you don't have the cute little icons by those files right now.

All you need to do is run Notation Composer, and use the "Setup/Associate..." command. Check which files you want to have associated with Composer (.not, and probably .mid and .kar as well), then click "ok". Now, when you look at your file lists, you should see the little icons restored, and when you double click those files, Composer will open them.

ttfn,
Sherry

Alek Yasko (kombrig)
01-29-2007, 02:40 AM
Sherry!

Halleluiah! Everything works! Thank you so much!
God bless ya.

Kombrig.