PDA

View Full Version : Mellow Piano Piece

Mark Walsen (markwa)
07-09-2005, 04:40 AM
Here's another improvisation I did a couple of years ago on my Disklavier piano, without reference to a MIDI metronome. I'm submitting here before I clean up the rhythms with MidiNotate Composer Pro's new metronomeless transcription support.

This piece is temporarily named Mellow Piano Piece, which appropriately describes it. This is easy listening, compared to, say, the "AmericanProkofieff" piece I submitted under Contemporary Classical. I find the sort of style in this Mellow Piano Piece easier to improvise. However, I tend to get bored by this style more than other styles I dabble in, such as the one of the AmericanProkofieff piece. Fo most listeners, though, I suspect this Mellow Piano Piece is easier to listen to than other styles I mess with.

See my next post for an attachment of the MIDI file.

In the next few days I'll run this piece through the new metronomeless transcription feature, and clean up the score so it should be fairly readable.

Cheers
-- Mark

Fred Winterling (harbor1)
07-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Hi Mark,
For some reason, I can not play your MelowPianoPiece in Midi Notate Player. It brings up the player but no song. I downloaded it and it still won't play in the player nor will it open in Composer. My player is fine and Composer is fine. I have had this happen a few times in the past, but most often everything plays Ok. The bar at the bottom of the player says "midi note player could not read accoriding to the expected format. If this file was saved by another user of a more re". Composer says " can not find or open file". Thanks!
Fred Winterling

Mark Walsen (markwa)
07-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Hi Fred,

Thanks for alerting me that I had accidentally saved this piece in the upcoming MidiNotate version 1.1 file format, that previous versions of MidiNotate cannot read.

Here is the file in MIDI format:

<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.notation.com/discus/icons/mime_midi.gifMelloPianoPieceMetronomeless.mid
MellowPianoPieceMetronomeless.mid (http://www.notation.com/discus/messages/35939/MellowPianoPieceMetronomeless-27157.mid) (38.1 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Note there are some "burps" in this piece which were not my sloppy playing but some problem when I was transferring my recording live from my Disklavier to Cakewalk a couple of years ago. I should dig up my original Disklavier recording and re-transfer it live into Composer.

Cheers
-- Mark

Fred Winterling (harbor1)
07-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Thanks Mark! I was concerned it was me. Fred