PDA

View Full Version : Symphony No 3 sections 1 and 2

Dr Peter Kalve
11-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Well...here goes...Symphony No. 3 sections 1 sn 2 [of 6 sections] (and the lead in to section 3).....

Enjoy or endure...

<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.notation.com/discus/icons/attachment_icon.gifSymphony No. 3 (sections 1 &amp; 2)
Symphony No. 3.not (http://www.notation.com/discus/messages/35939/Symphony_No__3-29803.not) (562.8 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Sherry Crann (sherry)
11-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Hi Peter,

Enjoyed(!), from a musically descriptive viewpoint. That period in our (U.S.) history is not a highlight of good things, but your symphony is very evocative of the feelings that I get when I read about that time period.

Incidentally, I must apologize for the delay in getting your post on the forum. I unfortunately had missed that it was in the forum queue, and so didn't "approve" it for posting til much later than you had originally intended. Perhaps you would like to register as a forum user, so that your posts would be made immediately when you submit them. You can always set your preferences so that you only receive emails from the topics that you want, or to receive none if you wish.

I'm looking forward to hearing more!

ttfn,
Sherry

M G Jacobs (mgj32)
11-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Hello Dr. Kalve,

I like it.

I don't think that has anything to do, at this point, with the program, because I don't know in detail what that is, or even if it is supposed to have a detailed relationship with events, or be evocative of the climate. No matter. When I was told that Dvorak's "New World" Symphony was worth listening to, I took my next check for carrying out groceries and went across the street to the record shop. I took it home and played it without reading the notes. I don't know what "New World" suggested, if anything, but I remember being surprised when I did read the notes and found out what the sub-title referred to. As interesting as the information was, however, the effect of the music never changed.

All I can say now is that, like the Dvorak before reading the record notes, I like it and am hoping to hear the remaining 4 sections.

all best,
mgj

James Tucker
04-30-2007, 03:44 PM
I enjoyed that very much, would like to get it played. I think thhe orchestra at the local school is big enough, but we are missing the timpani.Its nothing like it really, but it almost reminded me of the shostachovich (im not sure how to spell it!) war symphonys. And thats a good thing!I'm looking forward to hearing more!

Mark Walsen (markwa)
04-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Hello James,

Welcome to the forum! Ok, here's the deal. You're not allowed to hand out compliments like this to other folk's music unless you share some of your own here. Sorry, this is a forum rule. I might have to ban you from the forum if you don't abide ;-)

Seriously, do consider showing us what you're doing.

I started composing exactly at your age, 11. My dad was a printer, the old kind, with the big noisy presses. He always came home with ink covering his hands. He took my first composition and did the hand calligraphy himself to create the 2-page score. He printed lots of copies of the composition and handed it out to all of our relatives. That seemed so cool. But, hey, now you can do the same thing yourself, without hiring a printer (person) to do it.

We'd like to see and hear your work.

Cheers
-- Mark (developer of Notation Composer)