PDA

View Full Version : Christmas/Holiday Duets - Ode to Joy

rrayner
11-24-2012, 12:52 AM
This piece is written for Soprano Recorder and Alto Recorder. Play along with Notation Composer or print the piece for playing with your friend(s). Please feel free to change the instruments and/or keys to suit your personal needs. RRR

"Ode to Joy" is taken from Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125. This version is essentially a reduction of a Pop rendition of the main theme, and has been used on a number of Christmas collections by various recording artists.

We hope you enjoy playing it.

Ralph Rayner

Sherry C
11-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Hi Ralph,

I don't say it often enough, but I really have been enjoying these pieces that you've been posting. I sometimes I take and transpose them so I can play my whistle along with one or the other parts. This is a lot of fun for me, as I don't have anyone else around that plays whistle, so I don't often get to do duet-style playing. I sometimes use it as an alternative to a bass, but that's a whole different approach.

Thanks for posting this beautiful piece - it's one of my favorites :)

ttfn,
Sherry

rrayner
11-24-2012, 08:24 PM
As ever, Sherry, thank you for your kind words. It's very rewarding to get some feedback. I see the View counts (hits) rising, but that gives me no idea as to whether the viewers are getting some value. I know I wish something like this was available when I was learning (still am!).

Ralph