PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Measures per Line

IanMc
11-21-2012, 05:59 AM
Hello,

I have a simple tune I am trying to divide up so that I get a printout that appears neatly on the page. Unfortunately in Layout/Bars per Line, when I specify 4 or 5 bars/line, I end up with 8! Is this a bug?

I want this tune divided so: 5, 4, 5 & 4.

I've been trying for an hour now and no way will it allow me this layout. :confused:
I hope you can help.

Kind regards,
Ian

Sherry C
11-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Hi,

Thanks for including the file - I've just opened it on my setup here, and it immediately opens with .... 4 bars per line (or in other-speak, 4 measures per system), and they're locked, so it looks like your settings for 4 bars per line "took".

I've also just played around with it, and was able to get the 5454 layout that you wanted (attached) by using the "Stay with previous measure" locks. Please see if it looks ok for you in Page View (same view you get when setting Layout/Page Layout/Bars Per line).

The only thing I noticed that's unusual is that the margins are set quite small (in millimeters), and I'm wondering if that has some effect on what you're seeing due to the printer driver. Composer uses the actual printer driver to give you true wysiwig viewing in Page Layout/View. It may be that the printer prefers another unit of measure, or that the driver needs to be updated.

If the above ruminations and attached file don't fix the problem, please let me know. I can't think of anything else at the moment, but if needed I'll pull out a bigger shovel :)

ttfn,
Sherry

IanMc
11-22-2012, 02:10 AM
Many thanks Sherry.

You're right - I played around with the page margins bc basically I didn't know what I was doing! :(

I think the default for A4 layout is 15mm from the top and I changed it to 2mm bc I thought the tune would be printed too far down the page.

Thanks once again Sherry for your near-instantaneous response.
Fabulous forum - much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ian

Sherry C
11-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Hi Ian,

Glad things are a-ok now :)

If you haven't seen it already, you may be interested in the Tutorial Video on Formatting for Printing - you can find it at http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=3725
It's not polished, but it is hopefully somewhat informative :)

ttfn,
Sherry