PDA

View Full Version : How to remove part names from the music

Andrew Schwartz (andys)
02-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi,

I've been able to remove the part names from individual parts by selecting the entire staff and then erasing the names (and abbreviations) in the "Staff Setup" dialog.

However, when I try to do the same thing for the Piano staves, it doesn't work, and I can't figure out how to get rid of that text at the beginning of every line.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Andy

Sherry Crann (sherry)
02-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Hi Andy,

Actually, there is a known bug at this point in 2.5.2 that if you remove the staff names, you may not be able to open your saved .not file. So "don't do that"!

To have the staff (instrument) names not show on the score, use Format/Show Instrument Names (toggle on/off).

ttfn,
Sherry

David Jacklin (dj)
02-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi, Sherry, Andrew:

That's good to know. I wasn't aware of it.

Sherry, is that specifically the track names or is it the Bracket group names as well?

Andrew, if the bug doesn't apply to the Bracket group names, you can edit those by clicking on the bracket (brace) and selecting the Edit instrument group name icon (the curly-kew with Pno in front of it).

I've had a couple of files that have crashed on reloading that I couldn't figure out what happened. Maybe that was it.

David

Sherry Crann (sherry)
02-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Howdy David,

The problem is just with deleting staff names.

ttfn,
Sherry

Andrew Schwartz (andys)
02-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Sherry,

That does the trick! It may also explain why I couldn't open my saved file yesterday!

Thanks,
Andy

David Jacklin (dj)
02-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks, Sherry.