PDA

View Full Version : Missing word when copying lyric

Lawrence (lak)
02-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Found a bug when copying lyric. Any word ended with a "\" is not copied, the whole word is missing e.g. "word\". OTOH, "/" is OK.

There are two other bugs which I cannot reproduce consistently.
Sometimes, when pasting lyric or opening a midi file, a group of lyrics would have carriage returns added to the front of each word. The lyric would appear lower than usual on the screen, and I have to edit each word and delete the carriage returns.

The other is the occasional missing mouse pointer, only when Composer is the active window, a shut down and restart Composer would solve the problem.

Sherry Crann (sherry)
02-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Howdy Lawrence,

Thanks for the bug report about copying lyrics with "\".

The other problems (eg. carriage returns) may be due to the type of editor you're copying from. Lyrics need to be copied as straight text (eg. from Windows Notepad) not from a word processor. If that's not the problem, please do include an example that will help me reproduce the problem you're seeing.

A missing mouse pointer wouldn't be good either. What video card are you using, and is the driver up to date for it? Is there a particular step or sequence of steps that cause this problem?

Thanks!
Sherry