PDA

View Full Version : Changing notes of entire score

Lennert
01-04-2008, 10:46 PM
I have a problem. The score I am editing has some measures of /64 notes and I need them to be /32's without changing the entire rhythm/melody of the score. I am working on Rhapsody in Blue. I convert to ABC notation and when I do I get the /64's broken into chords. With ABC I can change the average note length to the next one and it affects the entire score but can't do that when it gives me chords.

Does Composer have a way of doing this? 64's to 32's, 32's to 16's, 16's to 8's, etc? I tried changing the 5/4 time to 3/2, even 1/2 but that does't work. It still converts as /64's as chords. I need all the notes in each of the measures so removing some to upgrade to 32's doesn't work.

Hope you understand my problem and can help.

Mark Walsen (markwa)
01-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Hello Lennert,

There are two ways your question might be interpreted, as illustrated by two examples.

In the first example there is a group of eight 64th notes, each separated by a 64th rests. They occupy a total of 16 x 64th = one quarter note span. If you want to remove the 64th rests, and change each pair of 64th note and 64th rest to a 32nd note, just select all of the notes, and click the 32nd note button to change them to 32nd notes.

However, I suspect you might be asking for something different.

In the second example, there is a group of eight continuous 64th notes, without separating rests. They occupy a total of 8 x 64th = one eight note span. In this example, you want to change the 64th notes to 32nd notes, thus doubling their total span from an eighth note to a quarter note. Is that what you want to do? If so, there is currently no convenient way to do that in Composer.

Cheers
-- Mark