PDA

View Full Version : Treble vs Bass Clef

hb
02-05-2008, 01:20 AM
I'm a little confused when it comes to the "staff symbols". I get the jest of it but when trying to do one thing, I'm stumped! If you have one staff that you want to play, and it happens to show up as written in the base clef. The notes are all way above the bass clef and probably should have not been written like that, but it was. So I want to play those exact notes, but I want it in a more "readable" place, so I want to have those same notes show up in the treble clef format and not the bass clef format...........how is this done? Or can it be done?
thanks in advance,
hb

Sherry Crann (sherry)
02-05-2008, 01:24 AM
Howdy HB,

To change the clef symbol (and have the notation placed correctly as well), just double-click on the clef symbol, and change it to whichever one you want to use. In your example, you'd double-click the bass clef, and then use the dialog to put in a treble clef, and click "Ok". Now the clef will be treble, and the notes placed accordingly.

ttfn,
Sherry

hb
02-05-2008, 04:31 AM
Sherry:
Thanks for the response, I follow you through "double click the bass clef, but you've lost me with the "dialog" part. Please explain. Sorry so slow!
hb

Sherry Crann (sherry)
02-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Howdy HB,

You can just use the up/down arrow keys on the clef display box to select which clef symbol you want to use.

http://www.notation.com/discus/messages/30405/35149.jpg

Then click "Ok". The clef symbol will change, and the notation will adjust accordingly.

For most objects in the score, simply double-clicking them will select them to edit, and bring up any appropriate dialogs (such as the clef dialog above).

ttfn,
Sherry

hb
02-05-2008, 04:55 PM
That's Great!
Thanks a bunch!
hb