PDA

View Full Version : Setting up the layout

snoops
10-31-2012, 06:24 PM
is a disaster. I really love a lot of features Notation provides in comparison to other programs, but when it comes to making my file ready to print...

First of all, it's not intuitive. I have not found the key yet to tell Notation: "I want to have 3 systems per page, please change the sizes of text, notes, dynamic marks etc. accordingly" and everything looks fine after just one or two mouse clicks. :mad:

There is not automatism that automatically fixes the horizontal or vertical positions of e.g. crescendos when I insert them (or later de/increases them accordingly when I change other things). They seem to be free-floating.Therefore I have to correct them manually.

The main changes that I made before (page brakes etc.) are all gone when I open the file again later. :mad::mad:

This is very time-consuming and I don't wanna waste with my time working on the layout. I hope that a new version of Notation (that fixes these problems) will be released soon. Otherwise, I will switch to another software that maybe does not provide the advantages of Notation, but on the other hand is more comfortable when it comes to making your files ready to print...

Sherry C
11-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Hi,

Please take a look at the tutorial video on Formatting the score for printing (at http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=3725) for tips and such to help you out.

Of course if you still have questions, please do ask!

ttfn,
Sherry