PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new page

James Stuart
02-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Is the only way to start a new page by forcing a page break? I would like to leave space at the bottom of each page after the staves but after putting in a page break part of the last stave of the previous page is moved to the next.

Thanks.

Sherry Crann (sherry)
02-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Howdy James,

It sounds like you perhaps want to have a certain amount of margin at the bottom of each page. To do this, you can use the Format/Page Setup command, and set the margins for whatever you wish.

If this is not what you're trying to do, perhaps you could post a file, with a step-by-step description of what you want to do with particular measures on particular pages.

ttfn,
Sherry

James Stuart
02-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Still having problems continuing the music. When I add enough measures for the second page it messed up the first page and doesn't start a new page. Changing the margins doesn't help as far as I can see.

I couldn't upload any pictures to show you due to the size limit imposed as there is no Save As picture support in Notation Composer which doesn't help. Basically, after adding the measures to the end of the score there are now 10 instead of 5 lines to a stave.

Sherry Crann (sherry)
02-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Howdy James,

Composer dynamically rewrites the score to try and optimize the spacing of staves and notation as you go. So, I would suggest that you enter all your notation first, and then work with the formatting of the finished score to get the spacings and such correct, rather than the other way around.

ttfn,
Sherry